Faculty Onboarding Presentation
Faculty Onboarding and Orientation:Attendance at all onboarding and orientation activities is mandatory. You will be compensated for your attendance. Payment will occur the following pay period after the last date of orientation in the summer.
All Summer 2023 Faculty:
The required onboarding and orientation activities include the following
- ZOOM Orientation Day 1: Spring Faculty Meeting - Thursday, March 30, 2023, 1-5 pm, est
- ZOOM Orientation Day 2: Spring Faculty Meeting - Friday, March 31, 1 - 3 pm, est
- Viewing of Access by Design: Inclusive Teaching (37 mins, 34 seconds), created by the Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI), then complete the above-linked form on your own time. This must be completed by March 30, 2023, or two weeks after your hire date, if you are hired after the Zoom Orientation Days occur.
- Two required meetings with either your Course Coordinator (if teaching a required course) or your Chair (if teaching an elective) before the summer.
- Orientation Day 3: Term 1 (Sunday, June 4, 2023) / Term 2 (Sunday, July 16, 2023). Both orientations will occur from 12:00 to 4:00 pm on campus.
- Those teaching both terms and term 1 only are expected to attend Sunday, June 4
- Those teaching term 2 only are expected to attend Sunday, July 16
Agenda and additional information to follow, please keep an eye on your Smith email.