M.S.W. Program Accreditation
The Smith College School for Social Work Master of Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Council should be directed to the SSW Office of the Dean, Lilly Hall, 413-585-7977 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Smith College School for Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and is therefore authorized to provide CEs as a postsecondary institution accredited by CSWE in many states. Courses offered through the School's Program of Professional Education are awarded continuing education credits in accordance with Continuing Education Regulation 258, CMR, 31.00 in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Select courses offer New York State Education Department CEs.
Smith College School for Social Work is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0169.
- Select courses offer CE credits through Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program of the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) .
Smith College School for Social Work, #1755, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Smith College School for Social Work maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 11/19/2021-11/19/2024.
- Select courses also offer psychology CE credit.
Amego Prepare: Co-sponsored training events for psychology CE credit with Smith College School for Social Work. Amego Prepare is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Amego Prepare maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Due to changes in continuing education requirements for NY licensed psychologists, APA CE Sponsor credits may not be accepted for re-licensure at this time. Please check the NY Psychology Board regulations for CE requirements currently in effect.
- Select courses also offer NBCC credit.
Smith College School for Social Work has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7110. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Smith College School for Social Work is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.