Smith College School for Social Work is located on the beautiful Smith College campus in Northampton, Massachusetts. Our offices are located in Lilly Hall on the west side of the campus, across the street from Northampton's historic Forbes Library.
- From the South: Northampton is on Route I-91 in Massachusetts. From I-91 North take Exit 23 (old exit 18) and turn left onto Route 5. Follow Route 5 into the center of town. At the intersection of Route 5 and Route 9, turn left onto Route 9 (Main Street). Go straight through four sets of traffic lights, turning right onto West Street at the last light. Lilly Hall is on the right, at the corner of Green Street and West Street.
- From the North: From I-91 South, take Exit 26 (old exit 20), and follow onto Route 5 South into the center of town. At the intersection of Route 5 and Route 9 (Main Street), turn right onto Route 9. Then follow the same directions as above from Route 9 to campus.
- From the East or West via the Massachusetts Turnpike: Northampton is on Route I-91 North (Mass Pike exit 45 [old exit 4]). Once on I-91, follow the directions above for visitors from the south.
The closest airport is Bradley International (BDL). It is served by most major airlines and is located about 35 miles south of Northampton near Hartford, Connecticut. Flying into Bradley rather than to Boston Logan International Airport (LOG) gives you a shorter drive to Northampton and spares you city traffic congestion.
Transportation to Smith from the Boston or Hartford airports is available from a number of services. Advance reservations may be required.
- Affordable Airport Car Service, 413-739-7293
- Exclusive Car Service, 413-534-3505 or 877-695-4665
- GoGreen Cab Co., 413-586-0707
- Lindsey Limousine, 860-289-5466
- Michael’s Limousine Services, 413-583-6392 or 800-533-8470
- Reliable Limousine Service, 413-315-9919
- Seemo Shuttle, 413-586-1120 or 800-908-2829
- Bradley Airport Guide to Limousine Services
This listing of area taxi and transportation services does not imply an endorsement by Smith College of any of these businesses.
Springfield Union Station is 30 minutes from campus and offers a variety of transportation options to campus. Amtrak’s Vermonter and Valley Flyer stop in Northampton (NHT), with three northbound and three southbound stops per day. Smith is a short ride from both Springfield and Northampton. For more information, visit Amtrak's website or call 800-872-7245.
Peter Pan, Greyhound and Vermont Transit serve the area. Most routes go to the main bus terminal in Springfield, where you can catch another bus to Northampton. Buses run almost hourly between Springfield and Northampton. Smith is a 10-minute walk or a short taxi ride from the bus station. Call 413-586-1030 for bus schedules.