Follow the steps below to submit your application online. Be sure to number and put your name on the top of each form. We only accept Word and PDF formats. Please consider the environment before printing your forms.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their admission material is complete.
- Download: Printable Checklist [PDF]
- Personal Information and $60 application fee
- Reference Listing
- We require three letters of reference, one of which should be from a clinical social worker.
- It is your responsibility to follow up with reference writers to ensure completion.
- Reference writer PDF (If you are unable to contact your reference writers using our system above, complete the top portion of this form and distribute to your reference writers)
- Reference Reminder/Change Form (optional)
- Writing Sample
-Should showcase your professional writing, i.e. an article, a major paper or thesis, etc.
- If you do not have a writing sample, please submit a fourth letter of reference.
- Career Statement and Learning Goals
- Case Summary Face Sheet
- Case Summary
- Internship Proposal
- Official Transcripts
- Please arrange promptly for official copies of both your undergraduate and graduate transcripts bearing signature and seal to be sent to the School from each educational institution attended.
- Applications cannot be reviewed without transcripts on file.
- An unofficial/student copy of the transcript may be used as a placeholder until the official copy arrives.
- Transcripts should be mailed to: Smith College School for Social Work, Office of Admission, Lilly Hall, Northampton, MA 01063
Arrange to take the Miller Analogy Test (MAT) or GRE as soon as possible.
The Smith College School for Social Work MAT code is 1227.
Submit MAT or GRE scores in support of your application no later than the application deadline.