Important Update, August 6, 2020: We have launched our new online application portal. If you have already begun, or submitted, an application, please do not begin an application in the new system. We are working on transferring your data, and an admission counselor will reach out to you within the next two weeks to share login information.
- By creating an account, you'll be able to save and return to your application at any time.
$60 application fee
Field Placement Form- The process of matching an applicant to a specific internship assignment is a careful one taking into close consideration the applicant’s learning and living needs as well as the requirements stipulated by SSW’s affiliated agency partners.
- We require three letters of reference
- It is your responsibility to follow up with reference writers to ensure completion.
- Reference writer PDF (If you are unable to contact your reference writers using our system above, complete the top portion of this form and distribute to your reference writers)
Official Transcripts- Required from all institutions from which you have received, or will receive, academic credit and include courses, credits and grades for each course.
- Transferred credit to the degree-granting institution may be listed but must include the courses, credits and grades from the degree granting courses, and the courses, credit amounts and grades from the transfer college or a separate, official transcript from the college from which transfer credits were obtained is required.
- An unofficial/student copy of the transcript may be used as a placeholder until the official copy arrives. Please email unofficial transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts should be mailed to: Smith College School for Social Work, Office of Admission, Lilly Hall, Northampton, MA 01063
Employment-Based Field Internship Form (if applicable)
- Five College Circle of Scholars Deadline: November 30
- Non-Binding Early Decision Deadline: January 5
- Regular Admission Deadline: March 1
This application does not require the GRE or the MAT. If you have taken these tests and would like to submit them with your application you are welcome to do so but you are not obligated and the vast majority of applicants do not submit these scores. However, on occasion, the school may request one or the other of these standardized tests as needed.
English as a Second Language
An applicant whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT); official scores must be sent to the School by February 1.