During the Field Education in Social Work (field internship) course, students complete a number of assignments that enrich their field experience. A complete list and detailed information about these assignments can be found in M.S.W. Student Field Education Guide. They include the following components:
- Weekly process recordings (written descriptions of the interaction between client and worker; minimum of one per week)
- Development of a learning plan with the internship supervisor at the beginning of each internship
- Monthly narrative reports, including case assignments, reading and supervision
- A clinical issues paper rooted in a case (3-5 pages)
- The "Understanding Your Agency" report (first year M.S.W. students only; 4-6 pages)
- A major case study (12 pages and three process recordings)
All submitted clinical materials are expected to reflect appropriate use of confidentiality. Materials needed for completing the assignments are available in the Sonia field database. All due dates can be found on the M.S.W. Field Calendar.