Transcripts, Verification, & Diplomas

Enrollment Verifications
Address and Name Changes


Transcript requests are generally processed within three to five business days of receipt.

Per the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, transcripts may not be released without the student's consent and signature. Because federal law requires that we obtain your signature, phone and email transcript requests (without signature) are not accepted.

Official copies of transcripts may be withheld based on outstanding financial or other obligations to the college.

To request a transcript from the School for Social Work, download and print the SSW transcript request form. Fill out the form completely, sign it and submit it to the SSW Registrar's Office. Please note that we do not provide transcripts electronically.

To submit your form by mail, send to:
SSW Registrar's Office
Attn: Transcripts
Smith College School for Social Work
Lilly Hall
Northampton, MA 01063

You may also submit your form by fax or email.
Fax: 413-585-7994

Enrollment Verification

Smith College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification.

Outside agencies needing to verify enrollment and degrees should contact the National Student Clearinghouse:
Phone: 703-742-4200
Fax: 703-742-4239

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd.
Suite 220
Herndon, VA 20171

Current students requiring an enrollment verification on letterhead, can place a request to the SSW Registrar’s Office. Your request should include the following: name and contact information of the student, term(s) to be certified, name and address or email of recipient, and signature. Please allow 3-5 business days from receipt of your request for processing.

SSW Registrar’s Office
Smith College School for Social Work
Lilly Hall
Northampton, MA 01063

Fax: 413-585-7994

The transcript is the official certifying document of a degree. Degree verifications can be made through the National Student Clearinghouse or by requesting a transcript.

Replacement Diploma

The registrar's office cannot produce copies of diplomas. The only copy of the diploma that exists is the original document that is distributed to the student.

If your diploma has been lost or destroyed, you may order a replacement by making a formal request in writing. Please note that replacement diplomas are nearly identical to the original diploma except that they are signed by the current president of the college.

Please include the following information in your request:
  1. Name while in attendance
  2. Name* as it should appear on the diploma
  3. Reason why you are requesting a replacement
  4. Telephone number and/or email address where you can be reached
  5. The address to which the diploma should be mailed
  6. Signature
  7. Payment of $50 in the form of a check or money order made payable to Smith College School for Social Work.

*Name changes from those on the original diploma may require additional documentation

Please allow 4-6 weeks from delivery from the time that we receive the request and check.If you have any additional questions, email the Registrar’s Office at

Send your request to:
SSW Registrar’s Office
Smith College School for Social Work
Lilly Hall
Northampton, MA 01063

Address & Name Changes

Please contact the SSW Registrar's Office at to change your address or inquire about the name change process. Legal name changes require documentation.